Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Take the Plunge into Web 3.0


We have now entered the world of Web 3.0. Is your website stuck in 1.0 or 2.0 mode? Answer these 5 questions to find out:


1: Is your site static? (meaning your website shows the same content over and over again)


2: Has your company grown and evolved? That’s great! But have you brought your website along for the ride?


3: Are your competitors’ websites bigger and better then yours?


4: Is your site interactive with your viewers?


5: Have you added social media outlets to your website?


These are the most important things to keep in mind when updating your website. Basically your website is your “first impression” and we all know first impressions are very important. I can say from personal experience how important a well designed website can be to potential customers.

When I moved recently I needed to find a veterinarian closer to my new home. So I searched on Google Maps for local vets in the area and chose one with a great website design. The information was well organized I could move through the site easily and found everything I was looking for. I knew that a company who is well branded probably had it pretty well together (first impressions...). Once I visited the vet, their office, stationary, their everything had one consistent look. They left out no details. And the veterinarian herself was amazing. [rockawayvet.com]

You need to keep your website interesting, up-to-date and take the leap into Web 3.0. You don’t want to bore your current customers and in the process of the update you’ll probably get new customers.

–Melissa Behrens, Art Director, The Byne Group

No comments: